About Ad Hoc
We want to be the premier government digital services agency.
Ad Hoc is a software design and engineering company that came out of the successful effort to rescue HealthCare.gov after its disastrous initial launch.
Ad Hoc is focused on developing, delivering, and operating fast, stable, and well-designed digital services on behalf of U.S. federal and state government. Our work enables agencies to provide transactional and informational services to their users. We do this by bringing people from startups and successful private sector technology companies to these problems, collaborating closely with government partners to deliver software that works.
Ad Hoc has been awarded prime contracts under the following vehicles:
- General Services Administration (GSA) Schedule 70, 132-51 Information Technology Professional Services, GS-35F-392DA, June 30, 2016 – June 29, 2021. This covers a broad range of software engineering, UX design, web design, web development, and development management for federal government.
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) CMS Agile Delivery to Execute Legislative Endeavors for Quality Related Initiatives (ADELE-QRI) BPA (Blanket Purchase Agreement), HHSM-500-2016-00008B, September 16, 2016 - September 15, 2021. This covers “support of procuring expert services to support the IT development under CMS Quality Related Initiatives through the transition into and delivery of agile development. The overall objective of this vehicle is to give the users with CMS Quality Related Initiatives a fast and effective way to procure agile development services as detailed in the BPA Scope and Task Areas. In this process, the BPAs will allow eligible ordering activities to save procurement time, reduce contract duplication and realize economies of scale through high-volume ordering.”
Ad Hoc is open to working with partners as both prime contractors and subcontractors. Here’s a look at a successful engagement:
- Agile development environments that use the same tools, technologies, and processes used in the private sector
- Projects that have defined areas of responsibility around a discreet piece of functionality for the end user. We value full-stack teams rather than staff augmentation
- Consumer-facing government digital services that require a superior user experience, solid graphic design, and the performance and scalability that underlies modern platforms
- Projects that rely on legacy systems that have source of truth and business logic, with challenges around processing & reliability and need improvement of user experience
- Working with change agents who can evolve legacy systems to support features that people really need in large-scale public interactions
- The opportunity to work on things that are meaningful and impactful. This is a clear value proposition to attract the people from private sector tech companies
The HealthCare.gov rescue
Following the initial launch of HealthCare.gov in 2013, the White House assembled a team of top technology talent from outside of government, to assess what was wrong and come up with a plan to fix it.
Greg and Paul, Ad Hoc’s cofounders and principals, were part of that original group, known as the ad hoc team, that went in and worked along side those who had built HealthCare.gov. Through their expert leadership and effort, they stabilized the site and ensured that millions of Americans were able to get affordable health coverage.
Read more on the rescue of HealthCare.gov.
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.